I am Captain Desmond Starling. I created this blog to show the world the ins and outs of being a charter fishing captain. Here I document it all; the good, the bad, the ugly. Often I get told by my customers " You have the best job in the world, you just fish everyday". Although I do enjoy my profession, there is a lot that goes on behind the scenes of a fishing boat. Preparation before a trip, boat maintenance, prepping bait and tackle, and even engine failure. I plan to bring it all here in detail with pictures and videos.
Back to Blog
One of my recent customers graciously left me with a bag of fresh Cobia from one of our recent charters, so I decided tonight I would cook it up. Here is a super simple recipe that is tasty and can be substituted with various types of fish (white flaky fish preferred). The ingredients are as follows:
Cook Time: 25 mins
2. Melt about 2 Tablespoons of butter (Approx. 25 seconds in the microwave)
3.Pre-Heat Oven to 375
4. Coat fish with melted butter on both sides, sprinkle with Salt and Pepper, and roll into breadcrumbs. (I usually pour my breadcrumbs onto a paper plate, it makes for easy clean up!)
5. Place fillets on a baking pan with tin foil and lightly top with Old Bay Seasoning.
6. Place into oven Pre-Heated at 375 for 25 minutes.
7. Serve with your favorite side (We chose Mac & Cheese)
Flaky Breadcrusted Cobia is a great easy dish to make that everyone will love. I hope you have enjoyed my recipe, stay tuned for more. Subscribe to our Newsletter for updates including more recipes, fishing reports, and tackle tips.
Tight Lines and Calm Seas -Capt Dez
Back to Blog
Hello everyone, welcome to my Blog. I plan on making posts here as often as I can giving you a full look into the day to day tasks of a full time charter fisherman. I also plan on keeping updated fishing reports as well as tackle tips, and fish recipes posted here. Stay tuned and I hope you enjoy.
Tight lines and Calm Seas - Capt. Dez